Saturday, October 10, 2009

Going For It!

Going for my 200k ride today. I had hoped to do it last weekend, but with wind advisories, and a bit of a cold snap, I thought it was best to hold out for better conditions. Today the forecast calls for a high of 70 degrees, and wind at 10mph, but not really until mid to late afternoon. In other words, great cycling weather!

I've played around a bit with re-routing the ride for a door to door 200, but I think I'll stick to the 200k permanent that JoBob already mapped out.

For those interested, I'll be tweeting my location from various rest stops as I go along. Since this is an "unofficial" 200k (not being sent in to the RUSA), I won't be bothering with making sure that I have all the receipts, etc. I'd need to send in as proof of riding the course, instead, I'll be using the DroidTracker app on my android phone to mark my location when I check in, so you can follow my progress on twitter.


No comments: