Monday, September 28, 2009

Back to where I began



Yesterday, I had the opportunity to ride the Collier Canyon Loop with the Cherry City Cyclists again. When I first started to pick up on my mileage this year, I was out for one of my normal rides when one of the club members, Dale, rode up beside me, introduced himself, and told me of the ride he was doing with the club that day. I decided to tag along, just to see how far I could hang with the group. I finished the ride with them, some 60 odd miles later, off the back of course, but had been able for the most part, to keep up.

3000 and some odd miles later, there I was again, on the same ride, chatting with Dale about how this was a repeat of that first ride several months ago. I did better this time, but still finished off the back, but this time I blame it on the heat and the climbing I did on the previous day, rather than my overall fitness level (hey, thats my story and I'm sticking to it!)

As always, had a good time. Unfortunately the tables and benches were gone from in front of the Wendy's we use as a rest stop on the ride. Oh well, maybe at some point they'll show back up again.

No comments: