Tuesday, September 1, 2009

100k+

One of the rides I'm hoping to ride this year is the East Bay 200k Permanent Route by Jo. Although I think the route is on hiatus at the moment as an "official" permanent of the RUSA, I have the route map and have been training for the course. Sunday, I rode the northern section, riding over to Redwood from my house and finishing in Dublin at the BART Station. About 80 miles by the time I got home

Total ride time 7 hours and change, so definitely on track for a 13.5 hour finish for the full permanent, pace wise. The only place that really put me into any difficulty was the climb out of Martinez. I'm not sure if it was the climb itself, or just being a bit tired at that point that was the problem. However, as I'm fond of saying "I haven't met a hill I can't walk". So a bit of walking, refueling, and recovering during that stretch.

I've done the southern section of the ride a few weeks back, going over Calaveras and Palomares after starting out on the Sunol Ride with the Cherry City Cyclists (I split off in Sunol), and riding over the Dublin Grade. My legs were really feeling it coming over Palomares that day.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to ride this route this year. I've been looking forward to it for quite some time now. Early October is my "target date" on this one.

No comments: