Sunday, September 6, 2009

Southern End -- Part Deux

 

Saturday, I Rode the southern end of the East Bay Permanent again. This time, starting at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station. I finished up at the Orinda BART station 75 miles and 7 hours and change later (6 hours and change on bike). I kept my rest stops short, but sane. Refuelling along the way with a banana and naked juice that I brought with me. Kept the electrolytes/fluids topped off with Cytomax.

Overall, there wasn't any particular spot that put the hurt on me. While I was tired at the end, and really felt the effort the next day, I'd say I finished the first half of the route rather well. I think I can do the whole route in 11 - 12 hours right now, which is well within the time limit of 13 1/2 hours for a 200k randonneuring event.

As you can see from the pic above, there's quite a bit of climbing on this course. The first half seems to have the most of it, with just about 4,000 ft of climbing by the 75th mile marker, the whole course has 5,500 ft or so. 

I'm feeling good about attempting the full course in a few weeks time, until then, keeping up my routine, going out and club rides, and staying loose on the bike.

No comments: