Wednesday, September 2, 2009

RoadIDont

I'm sure you've seen ads for RoadID identification wrist tags by now. It's a good concept, and has been marketed the hell out of. They raise awareness of having I.C.E. (In Case of Emergency) identification that's less likely to get taken or detached from you in case the unthinkable should happen when your you're out on your ride.


I ordered one back in May when I started putting on some serious miles this year. Still, in retrospect, a good idea, especially since I ride solo a lot. The downside to their wrist id, is that after less than 90 rides, the type on it has really faded to the point of being something that I'm not willing to bet my life on in case someone has to read it.

I've replaced the tag on the RoadID with a "collartag" from BoomerangTags. Their small size replaces the original RoadID tag just about perfectly. Its made from stainless steel, and the information is stamped deeply into the metal, rather than printed on it. It gives me a much better peace of mind than the RoadID tag that it replaced.



So, if you're looking for repacement tags for your RoadID, or lookng for a solid tag for your own I.C.E., I highly recommend the collartag by BoomerangTags. I know I'm happy with mine.

No comments: